Monday, November 19, 2012

11-19-2012

Buenas!
It has been a great week! We were able to find a lot of people this week that I think should be able to progress well.  Unfortunately I won´t be here for their baptisms :( but that doesn´t matter!! We MAY have one before I leave. I don´t think I have told you a lot about Yaqui (Jackie).. she is a 20 year old who lives with her 17 year old boyfriend and their 5 month old baby.  She is progressing really well and wants to be baptized.  She came to church all on her own yesterday! She has progressed a lot and feels really really good and has already recieved a lot of answers that it´s where she needs to be.  Her boyfriend and her also want to get married, which is also a big plus!! Now we just gotta help them decide to do it now instead of wait so that she can be baptized.  The work is moving along and things are looking up here!

So here in Argentina they don´t celebrate Thanksgiving, but I wanted to write a little bit in honor of that today! :) First of all... everyone needs to watch this video: http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#in-the-spirit-of-thanksgiving

then... everyone needs to do this activity! :) at the beginning of the year I posted an activity of thanksgiving.. I don´t think I ever shared mine on the blog but this time I am going to share it.  I did it again yesterday and I also changed the questions a bit.  Here are the questions:

Write a list of the following items of things you are grateful for:
  1. 10 physical abilities
  2. 10 physical/material things
  3. 10 non-physical things
  4. 10 places in the world
  5. 10 things about today
  6. 10 attitudes/emotions
  7. 10 items of media (songs movies books magazines etc.)
  8. 10 positive experiences
  9. 10 difficult experiences
  10. 10 things of the gospel

Here is my list:

PHYSICAL ABILITIES
  1. write
  2. learn/understand
  3. progress/change
  4. laugh and cry
  5. express myself
  6. love
  7. listen
  8. create
  9. ponder
  10. speak and sing
PHYSICAL/MATERIAL THINGS
  1. camera/photographs/film
  2. books/materials for learning
  3. instruments
  4. people (friends, family, acquaintances, strangers)
  5. computers
  6. transportation
  7. clothes/accessories
  8. journals/notebooks
  9. stores
  10. animals
NON-PHYSICAL THINGS
  1. charity/love/service
  2. music and sound
  3. lists
  4. change
  5. cultures
  6. knowledge
  7. ideas/inspirations
  8. communication
  9. humor
  10. an eternal perspective
PLACES IN THE WORLD
  1. Argentina
  2. EEUU (USA)
  3. Europe.. Italy and Ireland above all
  4. India
  5. Farmington/Davis County
  6. My schools.. especially Davis High and BYU
  7. temples.. celestial room
  8. all forests and fields
  9. Mexico
  10. Cities... SLC, San Fran, NYC, and Boston
THINGS ABOUT TODAY
  1. EFY Music
  2. bana licuado :) mmm
  3. hector... after 2 months he still can´t remember that my name is Hermana Hunt and not Hermana Oont.. hahah. Good thing he just calls me ´la rubia´ to make it easier. Always a laugh with him!!
  4. Yaqui!! She came all by herself! She wants to be baptized! :)
  5. Jorge, Yaqui´s baby. Omg omg how he makes me want to have kids.. haha! The CUTEST baby in the world!!
  6. Hugs from little Floriencia :) she´s so dang cute!
  7. Hermana Miranda... seriously one of my heroes.. she is soo awesome
  8. Church!
  9. a nice breather/break since my comp is sick... time to WRITE! (like this list!)
  10. FANS. haha.
ATTITUDES/EMOTIONS
  1. positivity
  2. inner peace
  3. determination
  4. trust/confidence
  5. the feeling of laugther
  6. bliss/deep joy... not the surface kind, but the real deep kind
  7. sincerity
  8. selfless love
  9. achievement
  10. gratitude
ITEMS OF MEDIA
  1. all scriptures/words of prophets and apostles
  2. mormonads/mormon messages
  3. Christian/EFY music
  4. the song ¨it never entered my mind¨
  5. spanish music that I hear in the streets all the time and am super excited to look up without feeling guilty about wanting to listen to it!! hahah... such as ´jurabas tu´ by los del fuego and ´yo te esperaré´
  6. any chill or jazz or christmas music
  7. inspiring movies or movies that show real life situations in the world
  8. 17 miracles and inspiring church movies
  9. find art/film/culture photography
  10. dictionaries/informatino books and internet for learning
POSITIVE EXPERIENCES
  1. high school.. especially doing marching band
  2. BYU photography program
  3. all wards.. especially Farmington 10th ward and my last BYU ward
  4. friendships and relationships
  5. mission. obvio.
  6. traveling/exploring
  7. jobs... especially bingham and traverse mountain, photography, and even good old oakridge country club
  8. church activities such as mutual, girl´s camp, youth conference, and EFY
  9. family dinners, get togethers, reunions, and games!
  10. volunteer work.. especially for Americorps and at the homeless shelter, and all the other random projects
DIFFICULT EXPERIENCES
  1. mission. obvio otra vez. haha
  2. mistreatment/abuse
  3. not doing what I should do and having to recognize it and change
  4. relationships (especially 1 in particular).. having to learn how to move on
  5. Grandma´s death during the mission. not being able to be there
  6. my best friend´s wedding. not being able to be there
  7. trying to overcome difficult weaknesses and temptations
  8. body/self-image
  9. losing my testimony and having to regain it
  10. work... jobs, school, and mission
THINGS OF THE GOSPEL
  1. Jesus Christ and repentance=strength, change, freedom, and happiness
  2. God´s love and mercy... my literal father
  3. scriptures... knowledge and spiritual strength
  4. the Holy Ghost... guidance, comfort, relationship with Them, enlightenment
  5. all the prophets, before and now
  6. temples... most incredible place on earth
  7. church... the unity and family there and learning
  8. baptism/sacrament... a new start and forgiveness
  9. the truth/reality
  10. the focus on the family

There´s my list!! I challenge you all to also make your lists, and send them to me!!! linsey.hunt@myldsmail.net . Some of you have already done it but I challenge you to do it again and see what is the same and what has changed! And those of you who haven´t... do it this time, and send it to me please!! :) I hope you all have a fabulous holiday!! Only 3 more weeks of email.... weird weird weird. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

--Hermanita Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment