Saturday, May 5, 2012

4-30-2012

Hola hola!
Feliz Mayo! (almost) This week was.... well, a very interesting one! Here´s the story:

We´re sitting in district meeting on Tuesday, in our trio of course, when our zone leader tells us he has news for us.  In district meeting he announces that they found another mini missionary to come out, so we´re looking at Hna. Jaurez saying ´ohh poor thing, good luck with this one!´ when he then says that this time though, it´s not for Hermana Juarez.  We all sit there, confused and super antsy to find out what´s going to happen.  He goes on to announce that this time, the mini is for me!  Hermana Hobbs, for the rest of the transfer, would be moving to the area of terminal, and I would stay in Parque with a mini. Whatttttttt?!?!?! Whew, I was shocked, and scared, and excited, and nervious, and sad, and everything all at the same time!  They told us she would be coming that night and we had to have everything moved out from Hna. Hobbs so we could go pick her up.  Sooooo it was a sad parting of the trio. :( So we go to the terminal to pick her up.  Her name is Hermana Rodriguez and she´s from Goya, Corrientes which is a part of my mission.  The whole night she didn´t say a WORD. Honestly. I think I only got ¨si´s¨ and ¨no´s¨ to my questions.  The next day President Ramirez came to check our apartment to see how it was and what we needed, and unfortunately told us that we need to move. :(  So all morning we were with him and some workers fixing up a few things.  When we got ready to go out to work, I told Hna. Rodriguez that she just needed to put on a skirt and we could head out (she woke up and got ready in pants).  Aaaand then started the drama.  She told me that she didn´t like wearing skirts and didn´t want to wear one.  So I kindly explained that in the mission, we wear skirts as a uniform and that she was going to have to wear one while she was here.  Her answer was still ´pero no me gusta polleras.  no quiero ponerme´.  So after talking for a bit and trying to convince her to put a skirt on (which failed each time) I finally asked her if she wanted to be here, and she said no and that she just wanted to go home.  So I called the zone leaders and told them, and they talked to her and she said she wanted to go home.  Then the elders in her branch called her, then her mom, then her sister, then the branch president´s wife from her branch, then the next day the hermanas from her area called her, and still she just wanted to go home (and still also wouldn´t wear a skirt... after wasting the whole day waiting for someone else to call, we finally went out and worked for a few hours with her wearing leggings. hah!).  She also talked to the assistants, and still wanted to go home.  I felt so bad! The poor girl just wanted to go home!  But everyone was determined to convince her to stay.  So the elder from her area had this bright idea of calling the stake young women´s president here in formosa to see if she could go talk to her.  So we all go to meet in the stake center... us, our zone leaders, the zone leaders from the other zone, and this lady.  And we waste about 2 hours there.  And after they chatted we walked out the door and I asked her how it went and she said ¨bien.... pero todavia quiero irme¨ (good, but I still want to go). hahaha. So FINALLY, the next day, they let her go home.  WOW.  Out of the 3 days we were able to only have 5 lessons. 5 lessons! Ay. So now I am in a trio with the hermanas from terminal again, hahah.  This whole week I have hardly been able to get anything done in the my area. But good news! Tonight I will get another mini, and this time she will be awesome, because I already know her.  Her name is Yuli (Julie) Claro and she was a member in my old area, and I love her!! I am so excited to work with her the next two weeks.

And... that´s pretty much the exciting news of the week! Haha. Also this week we have to move apartments, and we are moving outside of our area. :( At least we will live next door to the other hermanas.. so that will be fun.  This transfer has been everything but normal, and I feel like we´ve only been able to work in my area 50% or less of the time.  In spite of all that though, we do have 2 good investigators that are progressing well and will probably be getting baptized pretty soon.

Sorry no time for a spiritual thought this week, but I hope all is well!! Love you all!!

--Hermanita Hunt

P.s. Callie (wow that´s weird saying your name!).. Hermana Green will almost for sure be transferred this transfer so she won´t be able to deliver the picture.  She does know where Cristina lives though.. I will talk to her and have her show her companion so she can deliver it when it gets here! If you remember how to describe how to get there though you should probably put that with the picture just in case... I know she didn´t have an address it was just in that really poor area with no roads in Barrio San Jorge, but I´m sure she´ll be able to find it!

1 comment:

  1. The Botanical Garden may be most exciting for botanists and plant enthusiasts, but it has also provided serenity and natural beauty to the city and her visitors for decades. Don’t pass up this important part of Buenos Aires while in the city; it will be an afternoon well spent. One of the Argentina apartments I rented was near it and I used to go there at least three time a week when I was there!

    ReplyDelete