Wednesday, February 15, 2012

2-14-2012



Fan Accident, my companion ran into our fan!

All stitched up

Playing Nurse

New Fan!

Zone conference, Friends from the MTC

¡Feliz dia de los enamorados!
First-everyone needs to watch this video ---> http://www.lds.org/pages/expressions?lang=eng

AWKWARDS INCOMODOS Y CHISTOSOS
  • this week was quite the adventure. My companion ran into a fan and got stitches. Hahah.  The fan didn´t have the cover because it was bent and didn´t work with the cover. So it was on, but without the cover. My companion ran into it.  A good 3 chunks of her arm got taken out (see pictures).  So we went to the hospital and got stitches!  It´s a good thing I´m first-aid certified and had my handy little first aid book with me that told us that it was a laceration and basically that we needed to go to the hospital, haha.  All week I have been playing nurse and have been cleaning her wounds each day... so fun!
  • so we went to buy a new fan.  We´re on the bus taking it home and I´m carrying it.  We go to get off the bus in the front since we had the fan and people are waiting for us to get off, when I totally trip and fall.  My companion looks back and I pretty much landed so I was just sitting there on the bus step, holding the fan, hahaha. It was a hilarious image to see, and all the people waiting for the bus got to see it too. So awesome...

AWESOMES
  • We had zone conference yesterday and it was awesome!  I love President Heyman and his wife
  • well... something awesome about today is I FINALLY heard from Hna. Payne (ehh hmmmmm! haha jk) and also got an email from Hna. Harper´s mom. So good to hear from both of them!!
  • Best news of the week (and the year!)... this week, Ramona and Lucas are FOR REAL getting married, and Ramona FOR REAL is getting baptized!!! We have everything planned and ready, and they did all of their blood work and got all of their photocopies and everything, and basically we just have to go sign up for a time in the registro! I can´t believe this time has actually come! And even better, Lucas is seriously going to be baptized, and pretty soon.  He has almost completely left drinking and is coming to church every week now.  His testimony is growing so much and he is changing SO much.  Finally, things are going well for their family!  Lorena still needs to come around... but I know that will happen with time!
Bueno... not much more to say!  Transfers are in a week.  I can´t believe how dang fast they come up.  But all is well!!  Life is great in the mission.  A little thought... I have been reading the talk ´Choose Eternal Life´ from this past general conference and it´s really good.  It goes along with the scripture in Helaman 14:30-31 that talks about how we really actually CHOOSE whether or not we go to the celestial kingdom.  It´s not just that we try and do our best here and then we´ll see... but in every decision we make here, we are either carrying ourselves closer to Christ or away from Him.  We know we are not perfect and can not be in this life, but for that we have Christ to help us improve.  The more we try to follow his teachings and be like Him, and use his atonement and his help to help us correct our mistakes and improve, the more agency we gain and the closer we come to eternal life and eternal happiness, with our families forever.  

Hope you all have a fabulous week!  Thanks so much for all your support.  I miss and love you all but am SO happy to be here doing what I´m doing! Please continue to keep my Grandma in your prayers.  LES AMO! BESITOS!

--Hermanita Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment