Friday, November 4, 2011

10-31-2011

Hola todos!
Bueno... not a ton has happened this week and I seriously can´t believe it´s already Monday again, this week FLEW by!  I heard time only gets faster as the mission goes on.  Scary!!  I don´t really have lists for this week (sorry!) but just a few items of bussssinesssssss!
  • So I keep forgetting to tell everyone this, but this weekend we have a conference with the whole mission in Resistencia.  Aaaaand Elder Cristofferson from the 12 just may or may not be coming!! :) Along with I think 4 others from the 70.  How awesome right?!! This is the first time in 12 years that someone from the 12 has come to our mission, and will for sure be the only time we have a meeting with the whole mission.  So we are all pretty excited about that!  We will be travelling to Resistencia Friday and the conference is Saturday
  • I don´t know if I said this before but my companion goes home in a month!  So we only have about 4 weeks left together.. so crazy!  I am both excited and nervous for the change..  but asi es! Vamos a ver! I´m sure everything will be great!
  • My companion´s dad just opened a restuarant in Provo by the mall (south provo) called Big Al´s BBQ so you all have to go there!  Just sayin´...
  • So there are a lot of icky men here in Argentina and we always get hit on while walking in the streets.  Just a few funny little experiences.. it´s funny because they try to use the one or 2 phrases they know in english haha, the other day one of them was like ´do you speak english?´and my companion said ´nope, sorry!´ as we walked away.  Wait a minute... pretty sure that just gave away that we spoke english, hahah.  Also a neighbor of one of our investigators asked us if someone joined our church if they could marry us... hahah.  Oh the guys here..... so subtle, so smooth, so great...
  • Another thing that is funny about the city I´m in is the gitanos! (gypsies) they are all over and they are legit!  We have asked a bunch of people about them because we kept seeing them and they all dress in long skirts and dresses and they really do rob people.  They don´t have jobs but they buy and sell cars and con people, and then con people into giving them money for things.  We always make sure we stear clear of them, haha
  • This week we started focusing in baptisms more.  We have a good 5 or 6 people that want to be baptized and could definitely get baptized soon, besides the fact that all of them have to get married first haha.  So we are working with that right now, but we had 8 people at church yesterday and everyone is progressing really well!  So we are hoping to help a few get prepared and baptized before my companion goes home

I think that´s about it!  This week seriously flew by, it is so crazy!  I almost have 4 months in the mission.  I feel like I just got here!!  Pero asi es!  La vida de la mision.  No pictures this week but I´ll send more next week if we take some.  Thanks everyone for your support! Les quiero y les amo mucho.  Besos! Ciao-cito!

--Hermanita Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment